Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Exercising LOA (or... exercising "and" LOA)

I’m lazy. Extra lazy.
I start this post saying this because I really hate to exercise. Thanks God I was born as a slow-eater, otherwise I’d be jumbo sized right now.

That being said, I’m getting married in December (about a month from now) and I was a little worried that, with the Winter coming and all, I would gain some weight and wouldn’t fit in the dress. Ouch. So I decided to start an exercise plan for those weeks, just in case.

If you read this blog you know I’m not in a particularly happy time of my life. Lots of things going on, with the economy down times I can’t find a job in NY, my fiancé and I will live apart for the foreseeable future, etc. My love life is great, but my professional life sucks, and I’m the kind of person who has to be ok in both. My current job is not very satisfying, I’m kind of unhappy here, wanna leave, can’t leave while I don’t find a job in NY, etc. You got the picture.

So I decided to exercise. Day one, wake up an hour earlier, I went to the gym, run for 5 minutes in the tread mill and walked 25 (you can see how great my fitness is :-). Did some pushups and abdominals. Went to work.

Against all odds, I had a fantastic day. People seemed so nice, and things simply happened the right way for a change. I actually enjoyed my work that day.

Day two, I went to bed late and was too sleepy to exercise in the morning. Didn’t go to the gym. Was feeling slightly guilty because of that. Had an average day, as usual.

Day three, woke up an hour early, went to the gym, felt good, went to work, great day again.

Are you seeing a pattern?

***

I figured that every time I exercise in the morning, my day goes better. I can think of two reasons for that. First, when I don’t go, I feel guilty, and guilt feels bad, and by the Law of Attraction, if you feel bad, you’ll attract bad things. Second, endorphins work. The morning boost of endorphins was making me feel happier and more motivated, which felt good, and good attracts good.

***
I’m keeping up with my morning exercise, every day. And I feel fantastic! Didn’t have a single bad day since I started. I believe the minute I injected some endorphins in my system in the morning, I switched my bad feelings to good mood, and attracted good things.

Can exercising be a good complement for the Law of Attraction? I believe so! The whole goal of LOA is to feel good and attract good things. The LOA say you should be happy NOW to attract even more things that make you happy. I wasn’t happy before. Some hormone boost made me feel good. And that helped me with LOA.

Kisses to all!

No comments: